‘Sample Blogging Policy’ in a recent report on corporate blogs:orporations, law firm’s included, are struggling to develop a corporate blogging policy. Charlene Li, an analyst with Forrester Research included a
- I will tell the truth.
- I will write deliberately and with accuracy.
- I will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- I will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes so as to maintain the integrity of my publishing.
- I will never delete a post.
- I will not delete comments unless they are spam or off-topic.
- I will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly.
- I will strive for high quality with every post – including basic spellchecking.
- I will stay on topic.
- I will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- I will link to online references and original source materials directly.
- I will disclose conflicts of interest.
- I will keep private issues and topics private, since discussing private issues would jeopardize my personal and work relationships.
Though there are additions I would make in the case of law firm, I think this is a heck of a nice start. Thanks Charlene.
Information courtesy of Micro Persuasion.
November 10, 2004