LexBlog and I are hosting a Beer for Bloggers in Toronto on Thursday, October 21 at P.J. O’Brien Irish Pub and Restaurant (39 Colborne Street) from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. EST.
You don’t need to be a blogging lawyer to come. Lawyers, marketing/business development professionals, and those serving the legal profession are invited – even if you don’t blog.
I am in Toronto to speak at the International Network of Boutique Law Firms’ Black Tie Weekend on October 23. While in town, I’m happy to meet with folks for coffee or to host a brief roundtable discussion on blogging and social media at your firm. I’ve been leading these roundtable discussions during my travels over the last year, and they’ve been very well received by lawyers and other professionals in the law firms.
Here’s a list of possible items that could be discussed at a roundtable.
- Review of existing blog (if any bloggers in attendance)
- How are they doing?
- Are you getting the results you expected?
- Questions/concerns you may have?
- My feedback on what I am seeing on on the blogs.
- New ideas/best practices.
- Social media/social networking
- General principals of social media.
- How is it being used effectively by law firms like yours.
- Which forms of social media offer the highest ROI? (LinkedIn, Blogs, Twitter, Facebook?)
- Who’s blogging?
- Who’s reading them?
- How much time does it take?
- What are the legal and ethical implications?
- What are the best practices?
- How to best conceive and launch a firm’s first blog?
- How to get seen/market blog?
Let me know if you’d ever be interested in hosting one.
You can reach me via email or on my cell phone at (206) 321-3627.