Featured speakers include Washington Attorney General Rob McKenna, U.S. Register of Copyrights Marybeth Peters, the Hon. Margaret McKeown of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Senior VP and General Counsel for Microsoft Brad Smith, and Former Governor Gary Locke.
I’ll be speaking on the ‘Explosive growth of blogging: How it is changing the way we communicate and the implications for businesses.’
Other topics being covered include:
- Protecting personal information
- VoIP, IPTV and the net neutrality debate
- New technology markets
- New developments at the copyright office
- How open source code gets into a development project
- The hiring war: competitors hiring away the competition’s employees
- First Amendment rights and blogger liability for user-generated content
- Virtual property in massively multi-player on-line (MMO) games
- Current developments in patent litigation
- Copyright, consumer protection and digital rights management technologies
- The digital economy from an international perspective
- Enforcement of IP in China
- Trends in computer technology litigation
- Computers and disaster planning: What can we learn from Katrina and SARS?
- Legal challenges, business opportunities and practical strategies in cross-industry tech transactions
I have a couple discount passes if you would like to attend. Drop me an email.