Read the whole post but here’s the keys.
- Keywords in blog post titles.
- Optimize the template so post titles appear in the title tag and hard code the title tag on the main page with the most important phrase for your blog.
- Make it easy for your blog readers to subscribe by including RSS feed subscription buttons.
- Use keywords and key phrases in category titles.
- Use social bookmarking sites.
- Ping the major RSS feed and blog search engines each time you post.
- Make use of comments and trackbacks on your blog and other blogs.
- Submit your blog to RSS, blog and web directories.
- Allow email subscriptions in addition to RSS. Anywhere from 10% to 40% of your blog traffic can come from individuals that perfer to read blog posts via email.
Look closely at what’s said to be the most important. Content. “…[T]here is no substitute for quality content. Blog optimization is only as effective as the quality and usefulness of the content you’re optimizing.”