Web 2.0 – what is it?
- Attitude, not technology
- The Long Tail
- Data is the ‘intel inside’
- Perpetual Beta
- Right to Remix (some rights reserved)
- Software that gets better the more people use it
- Emergent user behavior not predetermined
- Granular addressability of content
- Rich user experience
- Small pieces loosely joined (web as components)
- Trust your users
As Seth Godin, the source for this post, says, “[I]t represents a way to think about what you build online (and, imho, offline as well.)”
Web 2.0 is the concept that we are moving on to a new level of the the Internet and what it means to people. The new technologies that fuel Web 2.0, such as blogs & RSS, are just a component of Web 2.0. The way we harness technology and do business is the essence of Web 2.0.
The wonderful thing about 2.0 is that it provides tremendous advantages for innovative marketers in law firms and other professional service businesses.