AI Machines Chime In On The Benefits Of Blogging To Lawyers
I thought I’d ask our AI machines, Bing, ChatGPT, and Bard, what are the benefits of blogging to lawyers.
The answer from Bing, running OpenAI’s ChatGPT across its search data:
“Blogging can be beneficial for lawyers in many ways. It can help attract and increase client base by increasing visibility on the internet¹. Lawyers can also connect with people and stay on top of things by sharing their knowledge and expertise¹. Blogging can also help lawyers let Google love them by increasing their chances of being shown on top of the search results on Google¹. In addition, blogging can bring in opportunities such as book assignments¹.
And it’s sources:
- 5 Top Benefits of Blogging (for lawyers) – iPleaders. https://blog.ipleaders.in/5-top-benefits-blogging-lawyers/.
- Writing Effective Blog Posts for Lawyers – Law Firm Blogging Tips. https://www.furiarubel.com/news-resources/writing-effective-blog-posts-for-lawyers/.
- Blogging for Lawyers: 10 Tips for Starting Your Legal Blog – Grow Law Firm. https://growlawfirm.com/blog/blogging-for-lawyers.
- Benefits Of Blogging For Lawyers And Law Students. https://thestudentlawyer.com/2020/04/20/benefits-of-blogging-for-lawyers-and-law-students/.
- Blogging for Lawyers: How to Start a Legal Blog | Clio. https://www.clio.com/resources/digital-marketing-lawyers/lawyer-blogging/ (Authored by Kevin O’Keefe).
- Blogging for Lawyers: Benefits, Challenges & How to Get Started. https://www.helloroketto.com/articles/blogging-for-lawyers.”
When I asked ChatGPT, what the benefits of blogging were to lawyers, I received the following answer – I little more depth and reason.
“There are several benefits of blogging to lawyers, including:
- Establishing expertise: Blogging allows lawyers to showcase their knowledge and expertise on a particular legal topic. This can help them establish themselves as experts in their field, which can attract clients and increase their visibility in the legal community.
- Building relationships: Blogging can help lawyers build relationships with other lawyers, potential clients, and influencers in their industry. By sharing valuable insights and engaging with their audience through comments and social media, lawyers can expand their network and build credibility.
- Generating leads: A blog can act as a lead generator for lawyers, as it can attract potential clients who are searching for information on a particular legal issue. By providing useful information and insights, lawyers can establish trust with potential clients, which can ultimately lead to new business.
- Improving search engine rankings: Blogging can also help lawyers improve their search engine rankings, making it easier for potential clients to find them online. By using relevant keywords and regularly updating their blog with fresh content, lawyers can improve their visibility in search engine results pages.
- Continuing education: Blogging can also help lawyers stay up-to-date on the latest legal developments and trends in their industry. By researching and writing about new legal issues, lawyers can deepen their knowledge and expertise, which can ultimately benefit their clients.”
Google’s Bard provided an equally good answer, assuming you are looking to benefit from blogging:
“There are many benefits of blogging to lawyers. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Blogging builds authority and expertise. When you write informative and engaging blog posts on legal topics, you establish yourself as an expert in your field. This can help you attract new clients and build relationships with existing ones.
- Blogging drives traffic to your website. When you write blog posts that are relevant to your target audience, they are more likely to share them on social media and other online channels. This can drive traffic to your website and help you generate leads.
- Blogging helps you rank higher in search engines. When you publish high-quality blog posts on a regular basis, you can improve your website’s search engine ranking. This makes it more likely that potential clients will find your website when they search for legal services online.
- Blogging helps you build relationships with potential clients. When you write blog posts that are helpful and informative, you build trust with potential clients. This can make them more likely to contact you when they need legal assistance.
- Blogging helps you stay up-to-date on legal changes. The law is constantly changing, so it’s important for lawyers to stay up-to-date on the latest developments. Blogging is a great way to do this, as it allows you to share your knowledge and expertise with others.
Overall, blogging is a valuable tool for lawyers who want to build their brand, attract new clients, and grow their business. If you’re not blogging yet, I encourage you to start today.”
Pretty favorable answers for blogging lawyers.