LexBlog is seeking an intern, or two, with a passion for the law, knowledge management, and library science.
You will have the opportunity to advance the law in a world where secondary law is open and freely available to legal professionals and the public.
LexBlog is backing the Open Legal Blog Archive (“OLBA”), a database of all credible legal blogs, worldwide.
As much legal insight and legal commentary – secondary law – is now published in legal blogs as in law reviews and law journals.
However, this writing is not being preserved, nor is it in the proper context for search, citation or syndication to publishing partners and research and AI platforms.
As a Digital Archive Intern, you will be working on OLBA to build a future where the digital publishing of legal professionals (the law) is permanent and publicly available for effective use by the public, legal professionals, law schools, legal research and AI platforms, bar associations, continuing legal education organizations and others.
- Find legal blogs, worldwide
- Verify that the blogs comply with OLBA’s editorial policy
- Utilizing RSS feeds, work with LexBlog’s tech team to onboard new blogs to a database
- Help develop a taxonomy for the blogs and metadata
- Work with publishing partners, legal tech companies and research and AI platforms on the use of the OLBA database
- You are detail-oriented and well organized, to a fault
- You work independently, yet are comfortable being part of a team
- You have a strong interest in the law, information management and library science
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on the forefront of open publishing in the law
- Work with a passionate and driven team to build the first comprehensive taxonomy and data-base of legal blogs
- Learn blogging and social media for learning and building a reputation
- Acquire skills and experience in knowledge organization and legal tech that will help you in your career as a law librarian/knowledge management professional
- Network with professionals in the field
- Get paid
- Work remote
Founded in 2004 to empower and inspire legal bloggers, LexBlog’s mission is to connect lawyers with people, for good. Through blogging, legal professionals provide free and open legal information to the public while building their reputation as an authority.
LexBlog’s blogging platform is used by solo practitioners to the largest law firms in the world. Over 30,000 legal professionals have published over 2,000 legal blogs and 600,000 legal blog posts on the LexBlog platform.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, along with a link to your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.