The top story on the LexBlog Network this week was Brad Birkenfeld‘s release from prison and subsequent reward of $104 million from the IRS. Richard Renner continues his coverage of this story with a look at the “bright future” of whistleblowers in the IRS’s whistleblower program. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 171.
- Affordable Care Act Trumps Recession’s Impact on Health Insurance Coverage – John Bouman of The Shriver Center on their blog, The Shriver Brief
- Jason Peters Sidelined = Key Employee MIA – Philadelphia lawyer Bob Haurin of The Weinstein Firm on his blog, Sports Talk & Employment Law
- Nokia Admits Faking Promos For Its Lumina 920 Smartphone – New York attorney Joanna Sandolo of Meiselman, Denlea, Packman, Carton & Eberz on their Class Action Blog
- Michigan Continues to Stand Out in Creating Favorable Business Environment By Moving Closer to Creating Specialized Business Courts – West Bloomfield lawyer Jason Shinn of E-Business Counsel on his blog, Michigan Employment Law Advisor
- Ninth Circuit Resolves Dispute Over Ownership of Marilyn Monroe’s Right of Publicity By Applying Judicial Estoppel – Seattle attorney Stacia Lay of Hendricks & Lewis on her blog, IP Law Chat
- IRS whistleblower program offers a bright future for whistleblowers – Richard Renner of the National Whistleblower Center on their Whistleblowers Protection Blog
- NYSE Agrees to SEC Settle Charges for Improper Distribution of Market Data – Columbus, Ohio lawyer Robert Tannous of Porter Wright on the firm’s Federal Securities Law Blog
- Does Banking Complexity Make Your Eyes Bleed? – Washington, DC attorney Steven Berk on his blog, The Corporate Observer
- Going Banana Over a Banana Design – Washington, DC lawyer Eunice Chung of DLA Piper on the firm’s blog, Re:Marks on Copyright and Trademark
- Employers, here’s how you can make sure that legal meds aren’t affecting your employees’ safety on the job – Winston-Salem attorney Robin Shea of Constangy on the firm’s blog, Employment & Labor Insider
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.