Pacific Northwest-based law firm Lane Powell, is hosting dual Social Media seminars I’ll be speaking at next week.
Billed as ‘Social Media: Expect the Unexpected,’ we’ll be in Seattle at the Washington Athletic Club on Tuesday, July 7, and in Portland at the Portland Hilton & Executive Tower on Wednesday July 8. Running from 8 to 10 AM with 1.5 hours of CLE, topics include:
- Social Media – What is It and Why You Need to Consider Using It; Kevin O’Keefe, CEO, LexBlog Inc.
- Technology and Intellectual Property Issues – How to Manage Risk; Craig Bachman, Intellectual Property and Technology Attorney, Lane Powell PC
- Issues for Public Companies and First Amendment Rights; Mike Nesteroff, Chair of Lane Powell’s Sustainability and Climate Change Team, Lane Powell PC, and Former KOMO-TV Journalist
- Employment Issues that Follow Social Networking and Practical Guidance to Help Minimize Risk; D. Michael Reilly, Director of Lane Powell’s Labor and Employment and Employee Benefits Practice Group, Lane Powell PC
- Panel and Audience Discussion: Sea Change or Flash in the Pan; What is Really Going on Here and Why is it Important to You and Your Company
Hosting social media educational programs such as this offer law firms an excellent opportunity. Not only does the firm put itself at the forefront of innovation, but large corporate audiences starved for credible information on the topic provide excellent relationship building opportunities.
I participated in an event with a Manhattan firm that brought an excellent turnout. I’m honored that Lane Powell thought enough of what I could offer to invite me for their program.
Looking to host a similar event? I’d be honored to take part.