Comes from Deb Ng whose tips were for getting your blog picked up by a blog network, but I thought them equally applicable for lawyers wanting to get firm approval for a blog.
Here’s Deb’s tips with some additional commentary from me.
- Possible name and available domain names.
- A detailed description.
- Statistics regarding the niche, ie, potential for growth in this legal niche, number of lawyers focused on niche in your locale.
- Links to other similar blogs.
- How you plan on making it different from others in the niche.
- Who do you feel will read this blog?
- How do you plan on promoting your blog?
It’s been my experience over the last 5 years that law blog proposals that are well researched and presented in a reasoned way anticipating the issues firm management will raise have a much higher chance of law firm buy in.