It’s worth reading the whole post. Here’s just a bulleted list.
- Current Awareness – Surfing your favourite websites, newspapers & blogs is a waste of time.
- RSS for Firm Marketing – From blogs, to press releases, to firm newsletters and publications.
- Vanity Feeds – Every time one of your lawyers, or the firm, gets mentioned in the news media or blogosphere, someone should be notified by RSS.
- Internal Research Collections – Your library catalogue should offer an RSS feed for newly added materials that match your Lawyer’s research interests.
- Client Press – RSS feed monitoring to stay abreast of their latest products, disputes, and business initiatives.
- Feeding on Marketing Content for KM.
- Case Law & Legislative Changes – The importance of RSS notification for new & changing legislation cannot be underestimated.
- Aggregated Tagging – Your lawyers can tag with a tool like Del.icio.us or Furl for sharing among the lawyers in the firm.
- RSS Republishing – RSS helps to move web content to where it needs to be.
- Feed Mixing & Filtering for Subject Collections – Create, remix and filter groups of feeds for different subjects.
Great list Steve. And again, read the whole post, Steve’s details on each post are excellent.