Pajama Market and a business blog consultant, has a new list of more than 80 small businesses who are blogging about their company or industry. In addition he’s got 40 interviews of bloggers covering their stories.rian Brown, publisher of
In a press release today Brian speaks of small business blog successes:
- Companies are picking up clients.
- Some companies are getting all of their business from their blog.
- Blogs are often credited with a sharp rise in search engine rankings and greater links from other websites.
- Blogs are creating a lasting relationship with customers, an important factor in gaining trust and producing sales.
- The comment feature of blogs creates a conversation rather than a one-way lecture.
Brian also shares some blogging tips based on his interviews:
- Write a post at least three times a week. The absence of activity indicates to readers that you are not committed to them.
- Use the comment feature. Some blogs turn the comments off, but this is a big mistake.
- Provide an easy navigation.
- No ‘cute’ headlines. You want headlines that tell the reader what the post is about with as few words as possible… like a newspaper.
- Add photos. Other than the headline, a photo will get visitors to read a post more than anything else.
And you can buy what Brian says. He’s from Janesville, Wisconsin, just down I-90 from my home town of La Crosse. And all the good stuff comes from the Midwest. ;)