Per Jacqueline, the legal issues blogs raise fall into numerous categories including intellectual-property via copying and linking to content, defamation, privacy & security, securities and litigation (discovery of blogged content).
Jacqueline Klosek suggests the following:
- Develop and implement policies establishing the terms and conditions under which employees will be permitted to blog.
- Provide training as a component of the blogging policy.
- Appoint a corporate representative to field employee blogging questions.
- Inform employees of the consequences of violating blogging policies.
- Ensure that any personal information gathered via company blogs is handled in compliance with applicable privacy laws and company privacy policies.
- Develop and implement a policy for retaining and archiving corporate blog content.
Technorati Tags: blog policy