Blogging is essential to your career says The Boston Globe.
Their reasons as summarized by Liz Strauss at Successful Bloggers:
- Blogging gets folks visibility
- Blogs update more often and so rank higher in search engines when employers Google candidates, which employers are doing.
- Blogging forms connection with other bloggers much like networking.
- Blogging shows a blogger starting conversations and interacting with others, which are positive traits that employers look for.
- Blogging is the consummate home page, resume, and interview put together.
- Blogging is an education–in order to blog on any subject daily a blogger gets to know it well.
- Blogging opens up opportunities–blogging IS walking the walk–a blogger can pretend to know and so opportunities start to show up.
- Blogging offers a chance to add content to the Internet rather than always taking it away.
Couldn’t agree more.
April 23, 2006