Draw people you already know.
- Your email signature
- Links from your website
- Presentation handouts
Get people off the net.
- Search engines
- Links and trackbacks from other blogs
- Comments left on other blogs
Keep visitors returning.
- Good, even compelling, content
- Visually pleasing or at least not so ugly it gives them headaches
- Good navigation options – some combo of categories, search, dated archives, most popular posts list, etc.
- Easy to remember URL and blogname
Good stuff. Adding Ted Demopoulos’ and Shel Holtz’ Blogging for Business blog, the companion to the book, to your feeds would not be a bad idea.