Denise Wakeman, of Next Level Partnership, published an excellent article at webpronews entitled “Top 10 Reasons To Use A Blog To Publish Your Ezine.”
Denise is not saying a blog should replace other Web published content. However, she says a blog can significantly ease the delivery of your content. If you are looking for a good list of the advantages of blogs to share with law firm personnel, this is a good one.
- A blog is web based so you can update and post new articles anywhere, anytime. It’s a dynamic medium that can be updated on a moment’s notice.
- Subscribers can subscribe to your RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed and have your content delivered straight to their desktop. This delivery system bypasses spam filters and readers get exactly the content they want.
- No web site to mess with. It’s very inexpensive way to set up a web presence for your ezine. There are several sites where you can set up a free blog and others are very reasonably priced for the massive exposure you can get.
- You can set up links for ads and your affiliate programs in side columns so you don’t have to include them in your ezine format.
- You can set up a subscription form and send emails to your subscribers when new content is added.
- Blogs link to other blogs which helps you create a viral marketing system and increases your exposure in search engines. Search engines LOVE text based, fresh content that is highly focused (key word rich).
- You can use your ezine blog to become a trusted expert for your subscribers, by filtering content for them so they don’t have to visit hundreds of web sites.
- You have an instant archive of all your articles. When you post an article, a new page and permalink is created. People can share that link with others and be sent directly to the article being referenced.
- Readers can comment on your articles, which creates rapport and trust between you and your subscriber. Comments also add rich content to your site and again, helps your ranking in the search engines.
- The bottom line is this: using a blog can help you attract more visitors who become subscribers and then eventually become clients.
Denise has nearly 20 years experience in small business administration and management with specific experience in leveraging Internet marketing systems to create awareness, build customer loyalty and increase the bottom line. She publishes a great blog entititled Next Level Biz Tips.