Thursday is here and I am continuing to take over your Top 10 in Law Blogs. Personally, I love history and reviewing the past so I can better understand the present which is why I will continue to give a history “tidbit” at the beginning of each post. Today’s quick tidbit may not help you understand the future, but it is noteworthy, on July 21st 1988, the New York Yankees traded a young Jay Buhner for a limited first baseman in Ken Phelps. Buhner of course went on to become just the 10th player ever to hit 40 homeruns or more in three consecutive seasons while Ken Phelps got a name drop by Frank Constanza in Seinfeld.
- Augmenting Reality: A Pokémon Go Business and Legal Primer – The Socially Aware Blog gives their insights on the Pokemon G0 craze.
- Habits of the New Legal Consumer – The Rainmaker Blog reviews the results from an Avvo survey it had done of 1,000 consumers who purchased legal services to discover what attorneys need to know today about the new legal consumer.
- Emails Become an Expensive Sideshow in Employment Discrimination Lawsuits – A recent employment discrimination lawsuit underscores the importance employers must place on preserving and producing electronic evidence
- Market Intelligence? The Limits of Market Custom and Why Market Practice May not be Best Practice – The Timely Disclosure Blog by Fasken Martineau explains why Market Practice May not be Best Practice while comparing it to Dikembe Mutombo.
- LexBlog Leaders: Vorys’ Internet Defamation Attorneys Build Out a Niche and a Practice – LexBlogs Zosha Millman talks to Vorys’ Colleen Devanney, one of the co-editors of their Internet Defamation Removal Attorneys blog.
- The Great Debate: Policing Politics in the Office – In the midst of the Republican National Convention, the HR Legalist by Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP takes on the “The Great Debate”, policing politics in the office.
- Covering Breaking News and Local Emergencies – FCC Issues to Consider – Following the tragic events have taken place across the country and the suspect journalism around them, the Broadcast Law Blog gives a few ethical tips on how to cover such an event.
- The Great Eight California Marijuana Industry Pitfalls – The Canna Law blog continues to generate amazing content, and today they list their top eight California cannabis industry pitfalls.
- Is Your Shirt Too Blue? – Focus is a blog on Women Leaders in the Workplace, and today Mallory Schneider Ricci recalled a time from law school when she was told following a mock trial that her shirt was too blue because often times aggressive women are off-putting. So she went to compile her own list of all of the female golden rules she has learned over the years and how to overcome them.