In the big legal news of the week, the United States and EU have reached a new deal on international data transfers—called the Privacy Shield, it’s in effect version 2 of the Safe Harbor. Zosha has the basics of it today, and how it’s already under attack, while Tanya Forsheit does a deep analyticak dive. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 189.
- Safe Harbor Part Deux: The Privacy Shield– Los Angeles lawyer Tanya Forsheit of BakerHostetler on the firm’s blog, Data Privacy Monitor
- Governor Rauner, Stop Ignoring the Real State of Our State – Dan Lesser of The Shriver Center on their blog, The Shriver Brief
- The Lawyer the Liar – New Jersey lawyer Eric Solotoff of Fox Rothschild on the firm’s NJ Family Legal Blog
- If You’re Just Hearing About Multiplatform Publishing, It May Already Be Too Late – New York lawyer Ronald Urbach of Davis & Gilbert on his blog, Madison Ave Insights
- CFPB Blogs that References to Consumer Reporting “Agencies” and Credit “Bureaus” are Confusing to Consumers – Elena A. Lovoy and Jeffery T. Powell of Bradley Arant Boult Cummings on the firm’s blog, Financial Services Perspectives
- The M&A market for venture capital-funded companies in 2016 – Toronto lawyer Todd Melchior of Norton Rose Fulbright on the firm’s blog, Deal Law Wire
- How do Employers Disarm Their Employees and the General Public Under Texas’s New Open Carry Law? – Houston attorney Michael Lombardino of BakerHostetler on the firm’s blog, Employment Law Spotlight
- Investing in Energy in the EU – Navigating the Ownership Unbundling Rules – Filip Moerman, Francesco Maria Salerno and Fabio Chiovini of Cleary Gottlieb on the firm’s blog, Cleary M&A and Corporate Governance Watch
- Protect the Business You Built: Company-Wide Confidentiality and Non-Solicitation Agreements – Fort Myers attorney Guy Whitesman of Henderson Franklin on the firm’s blog, Southwest Florida Business & IP Bulletin
- What Does Canada’s Auditor General Say About Canada’s Export Controls? – Cyndee Todgham Cherniak on her Canada-U.S. Blog
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.