The latest version of Obama’s “Alright Congress you won’t act? I’ll at least make it a law for federal contractors” tactic is this week’s big legal news—as an executive order calls for those contractors’ employees to be provided with paid sick leave. Zosha takes a look at the issue over on LXBN today. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 198.
- Is Renting Your Home on Airbnb Illegal? Maybe. – Denver lawyer Cory Rutz of Otten Johnson on the firm’s blog, Rocky Mountain Real Estate
- New SEC Guidance on What Constitutes “General Solicitation” – Uniondale, NY lawyer Alon Kapen of Farrell Fritz on the firm’s blog, NY Venture Hub
- Is Our Legal System Ready for the Evolution of 3D Printing Technology? – Rosario M. Vignali, Genese K. Dopson and Amy L. Baker of Wilson Elser on the firm’s blog, Product Liability Advocate
- California Gender Pay Equality Bill To Be Strictest In Nation? – Kristina M. Launey, David D. Kadue, and Valerie J. Hoffman of Seyfarth Shaw on the firm’s California Peculiarities Employment Law Blog
- USPTO Pilot Program: Trademark Registrations May Now Be Broadened To Account For Evolving Technology – Philadelphia lawyer Kevin Bovard of BakerHostetler on the firm’s blog, IP Intelligence
- Even Bears Need Visas: Immigration Law Stalls Kiwi’s Dream of Playing American Football – Philadelphia attorney Gregory Eck of Obermayer on the firm’s blog, HR Legalist
- Big Changes for Joint Employers: What You Need to Know – Houston lawyer Lindsay Wright on the firm’s blog, The Lone Star Employer Report
- Leveling the Playing Field: Mobile Location Analytics – Ross L. Turner and Andrew J. Ferren of Goulston Storrs on the firm’s Retail Law Advisor
- Law Firm Management and Raising Rates: A Short-term Solution that Needs Some Long-term Thinking – Andrew Jillson, Director and Co-Founder at Hayse, LLC on their blog, Managing Law Firm Transition
- Is Amazon the Scapegoat in the Debate on Employee Leave Entitlements? What’s the Lesson Here for Employers? – Chicago lawyer Jeff Nowak of Franczek Radelet on the firm’s blog, FMLA Insights
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.