- The first of two publications authored by Stritmatter Kessler Whelan Coluccio attorney Kevin Coluccio to launch this week, the Elder Abuse & Neglect Law Blog covers a wide range of topics surrounding elder law. Coluccio, a Seattle-based attorney, writes on trends affecting those in nursing homes, recent incidents in Washington state nursing homes and proactive guidance and information for families looking to provide the best care to elderly loved ones.
- The second of those two Stritmatter Kessler Whelan Coluccio publications to join The LexBlog Network this week is the Asbestos Law Blog. While Coluccio is based in Washington and, as a result, a good portion of the content on the blog touches on asbestos exposure in the state, he also provides commentary on asbestos cases worldwide.
- K&L Gates continues to add to its volume of publications on The LexBlog Network with the launch of the TMT Law Watch, their sixth blog. To explain the acronym, TMT Law Watch covers the business, legal and policy developments affecting the telecom, media and technology sector.
- I’m always excited when one of these blogs launches: New Jersey attorney Joe Bahgat joins The LexBlog Network with the debut of his blog, The Sports & Entertainment Law Playbook. Joe, a former professional musician who’s performed with Grammy-award winners Ray Charles and The Four Tops, does an excellent job bringing in information from a very wide range of publications and offering his own unique commentary.
- Commenting on a subject completely new to The LexBlog Network, we have Stoel Rives‘ Mining Law Blog getting things going this week. This, their ninth blog, provides mining companies and mining consultants with articles and information across a broad spectrum of state and federal mining law.
- It’s almost getting difficult to count as the launch of the NY/CT Litigation Blog makes it 27 publications on The LexBlog Network for Fox Rothschild. Now, don’t be turned off by the title and expect basic case updates from New York and Connecticticut; instead, attorneys Frances Codd Slusarz and Brian W. Song do an excellent job touching on litigation strategies, trends and challenges in an entertaining and conversational way.
- Bankruptcy law is an area of practice that sometimes lacks a certain level of understanding and attentiveness amongst attorneys. Sam Turco, author of the Nebraska Debt & Bankruptcy Blog, abandons this often-seen mill-like approach in his practice and brings that same philosophy to the blog in authoring posts that offer genuine guidance for those going through rough times or looking to avoid them.
- With the second blog this week covering a completely new subject, we have the The Business of Guam from Calvo Fisher & Jacob. This is the firm’s second publication on The Lexblog Network. Attorneys at the firm comment on prominent legislation there, various infrastructure developments affecting businesses and land use law.
- From the Sidebar is, as the tagline indicates, is a blog offering insight on trial, litigation and the practice of law. Authored by Cozen O’Connor partner Hayes Hunt, this is the firm’s sixth blog on The LexBlog Network.
January 14, 2011