Well, week one at the new LexBlog office has been great. The total for launches in week one at LexBlog headquarters 2.0 is seven and one very cool news portal. Of those eight projects, AmLaw 200 firms had a hand in three. Pretty amazing stuff. Much like last week’s launch of Food Safety News, Global Employment Law has been a long time in the works, so be sure to check that out.
- Global Employment Law was launched by Ius Laboris, an alliance of leading human resources law practitioners. Law firms included in this impressive alliance include Littler Mendelson, Heenan Blaikie, Lewis Silkin, Claeys & Engels and Sagardoy Abogados.
- Fox Rothschild continues to add to their deep collection of blogs with IP Legal Watch Blog. The blog covers recent developments in patent law, such as the new Patent Reform Act of 2009, as well as noteworthy cases, such as Bilski, which deals with the granting of controversial business patents.
- Immigration Law, Policy and Politics is published by California and Arizona attorney Carlos Batara. He specializes in immigration trials, immigration appeals, and complex cases. He assists clients with obtaining permanent resident status, earning U.S. citizenship, and fighting deportation and removal charges.
- Michael Stocker and Christopher Keller of New York law firm Labaton Sucharow author Eyes On Wall Street. Topics covered on the blog include corporate governance, financial crisis and securities litigation.
- China Media & Entertainment Law Report offers timely updates on significant legal and policy developments in the media and entertainment sectors in China. Mike Dardzinski is the Managing Editor.
- The combined forces of Moodys LLP Tax Advisors and Shea Nerland Calnan LLP on Tax and Estate Planning. Services provided include tax optimization, corporate tax, personal tax planning and estate planning.
- The Lubbock DWI Law Blog is authored by Texas attorney Stephen Hamilton. His practice is almost exclusively in DWI defense while sometimes working in criminal law.
- The Ontario Family Law Blog offers news and updates on family law and collaborative team practice issues. The blog is updated by Brian Galbraith, who covers child support, collaborative practice, pre-nuptial agreements and spousal support—amongst other topics—on this blog.