Looking for a more rewarding position? Have the desire and motivation to learn and achieve more in the Internet marketing, online communication, new media, and social networking arena?
LexBlog, the leading provider of professional marketing blogs to the legal profession and other professional services firms is looking for a talented Project Manager for our Seattle office who knows reasonably satisfied customers aren’t good enough – if you want to succeed in business, you have to create Raving Fans.
As Project Manager, your function in life is to ensure that we are doing our jobs, and that the client is doing theirs. Exceptional communication skills should be part of your DNA: we expect you to help identify and discuss project risks as early as possible, establish project timelines and deliverables, and hold both clients and coworkers accountable to the stated objectives. You should thrive in the rigors of a changing, fast-paced studio environment, and be able to learn—and adapt—quickly.
You will report directly to the company founder, who will facilitate, with our well-established project management methodology, your on-the-job training, and serve as your company mentor.
Applicants should respond with a C.V. outlining recent work history, and provide a cover letter detailing pertinent experience. We’d especially like to hear a war story (“case study,” if you prefer) or two about projects you’ve managed: specifically, what worked, what didn’t, and what you learned along the way. Prior experience in working with or within an interactive group is highly desired, though relevant experience from other industries will be considered. Candidates with experience acting as traffic/project managers in a medium- to large-sized advertising agency setting will definitely turn our heads.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of traffic management or project management experience in an advertising/creative agency or similar environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and people simultaneously, all day long.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on-time and within budget.
- Strong relationship building, management and leadership skills.
- Must be very organized with exemplary time management skills and a superb attention to detail.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and build consensus; equally capable at working independently.
- Must be able to work equally well with all management levels within the organization.
- Proficiency with PC/Mac (spreadsheets, word processing) required.
- BA degree in advertising/marketing or related field preferred.
Your Job, In a Nutshell
- Project Manager will participate and/or lead the development of strategic deliverables, be the central point of communication in all phases of projects between clients and our team, will manage projects from start to completion and will be responsible for ensuring clients’ needs are met.
- Publish a daily punch list of pressing priorities/deadlines for the day, week, and month.
- Communicate through status reports, company project management systems, and weekly meetings with team members, as well as ongoing updates to keep all stakeholders informed of a project’s status at any time.
- Schedule and manage all external and internal meetings involving clients’ work.
- Keep team members informed of any issues that could impact key deliverables and/or deadlines.
- Manage issue resolution and mitigate project risks.
- Act as the main point of contact between company and its clients, setting expectations and facilitating clear and open lines of communication.
- Establish product development calendars and track progress in a web-based project management and milestone system.
- Running close to 450 blogs for approximately 1,000 authors.
- Profitable startup now its 5th year.
- National and international clientele.
- 95% client retention rate.
- Empowers professionals to engage in an online discourse in their area of expertise as a means of helping the public and and enhancing the professional’s reputation as a reliable and trusted authority.
- Developer and publisher of LexMonitor.com, a daily review of all law blogs and journals pulling content from 2,500 sources and 5,000 authors allowing the public, bloggers, and the mainstream media to catch the latest in legal discussion.
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance (health, dental & vision) fully paid by company.
- Participation in stock ownership plan.
Interested? Drop me an email today.