Not only is LinkedIn one of the biggest social networks, but it’s revenue is growing big time, up 81 percent to $252 million from $139.5 million in the 3rd quarter of last year.
Here are the highlights shared by LinkedIn.
- Revenue for the third quarter was $252.0 million, an increase of 81% compared to $139.5 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Net income for the third quarter was $2.3 million, compared to a net loss of $1.6 million for the third quarter of 2011.
- Revenue from Talent Solutions (previously named Hiring Solutions) products totaled $138.4 million, an increase of 95% compared to the third quarter of 2011.
- Revenue from Marketing Solutions products totaled $64.0 million, an increase of 60% compared to the third quarter of 2011.
- Revenue from Premium Subscriptions products totaled $49.6 million, an increase of 74% compared to the third quarter of 2011.
If you’re a LinkedIn user, you’ve noticed a lot of changes of late. LinkedIn is accelerating its pace of innovation to drive greater engagement on the LinkedIn platform. Good move in that networking doesn’t happen via profiles and connecting alone. True engagement online comes from the sharing of insight, referencing what others are saying, and dialogue.
Martindale-Hubbell may have been a lawyer’s profile of record for a century, but today a lawyer’s profile of record is hands down, LinkedIn.
In addition to having a complete LinkedIn profile, LinkedIn ought to be at the top of your list of Internet platforms for networking. Why not even have LinkedIn serve as your home page? LinkedIn is only to grow in importance.