In what honestly may be the biggest story to hit LXBN—due to our intensely active labor law community—the DC Circuit Court of Appeals today invalidated President Obama’s NLRB recess appointments, and thus all their rulings over the past year-plus. I’ve included some of the best post on the subject in today’s roundup but be sure to check out our dedicated LXBN section on Obama’s Recess Appointments for full coverage. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 212.
- Secret, Anonymous Witness Allowed in Federal Terrorism Trial – Portland attorney Greg Kafoury of Kafoury & McDougal on the Oregon Trial Advocate
- Court Rules Recess Appointments To NLRB Unconstitutional, More Uncertainty To Follow – Los Angeles lawyer Mark Theodore of Proskauer on the firm’s blog Labor Relations Update
- Cordray Renominated as Bureau’s Director, but Court Ruling Jeopardizes his Recess Appointment and Bureau’s Powers – Madison attorney Timothy Crisp of Foley & Lardner on the firm’s CFSL Bulletin
- High-Profile Lawsuits Headed to the Sixth Circuit in 2013 – Cleveland attorney Steven Delchin of Squire Sanders on the firm’s Sixth Circuit Appellate Law Blog
- D.C. Circuit finds “Recess Appointments” Invalid: NLRB Lacked Quorum – Washington, DC lawyer Lee Beck on his blog, the Federal Regulations Advisor
- Initial Public Forums on Washington’s Initiative 502 Draw Large Crowds – Seattle lawyer Claire Mitchell of Stoel Rives on the firm’s Alcoholic Beverages Law Blog
- Start-up Locally, Expand Globally: Why Your Start-up Should Always be an International Business. – Florida lawyer Santiago Cueto of Cueto Law Group on his blog International Business Law Advisor
- The Trademark Rush Continues: HARBOWL and KAEPERNICK …. – New York lawyer Todd Nosher of Gibbons on the firm’s IP Law Alert
- Study Finds iPads and FaceTime Help Transport of Critical Patients – Brian Bewley and Peter Enko of Husch Blackwell on the firm’s blog,Healthcare Law Insights
- Employer’s Bane: Unpredictable FMLA leave. Is there a solution? – Winston-Salem attorney Robin Shea of Constangy on the firm’s blog, Employment & Labor Insider
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.