In news that I’m pretty surprised didn’t get more attention today: an oil rig exploded this morning in the Gulf of Mexico—Jim Walker has the story on that. And Dan Kelly has commentary on the biggest news of the day: Hostess Brands going out of business. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 191.
- Whither Hostess Brands? – Minneapolis lawyer Dan Kelly of Winthrop & Weinstine on the firm’s Duets Blog
- Is Secrecy A Prerequisite For Privacy? – Miami lawyer Al Saikali of Shook, Hardy & Bacon on his Data Security Law Journal
- Oil Platform Explodes in Gulf of Mexico Near Louisiana – 4 Missing and 11 Taken to Hospital – Miami attorney Jim Walker of Walker & O’Neill on his blog, Cruise Law News
- Same-Sex Marriage and Your Plans: Be Aware of the Impact – New York attorney Keith McMurdy of Fox Rothschild on their Employee Benefits Legal Blog
- No Time To Waste: The Election’s Impact on Payment and Delivery System Reform – Kansas attorney Martie Ross of Spencer Fane Britt & Browne on the firm’s blog, Health Law Navigator
- The Copyright Office Expands DMCA Exemptions to Broaden the Use of Technological Controls – New York attorney Jillian Centanni of Gibbons on the firm’sIP Law Alert
- Five reasons why every employer CAN afford harassment training – Winston-Salem attorney Robin Shea of Constangy on the firm’s blog, Employment & Labor Insider
- Tiger mom madness: fake passports, fake schools, and even fake marriages – Seoul lawyer Nathan McMurray of Barun Law on his blog, Korea Law Today
- Glazer Should Be Added to SCOTUS’ Class Action Docket – Chicago attorney Kirk Jenkins of Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold on the firm’s blog, The Appellate Strategist
- Social Security Not Considered Disposable Income in Chapter 13 – Omaha lawyer Sam Turco on his Nebraska Debt and Bankruptcy Blog
- FCPA Declination Opinions? SEC and DOJ Sort of Have Them – Raleigh attorney David Smyth of Brooks Pierce on their blog, Cady Bar the Door
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.