I think most employment lawyers knew it was coming, and now it’s here—President Obama has introduced federal “ban the box” action. Zosha has the story over on LXBN today. In the Top 10, Wystan Ackerman breaks down the oral arguments in the big Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins Supreme Court case. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 208.
- Sponsored Social Media Posts Riskier than Ever –
- First Uber – Now Amazon – Independent Contractor or Not? – Dallas non-compete attorney Rob Radcliff on his Smooth Transitions Law Blog
- Steptoe Cyberlaw Podcast – Interview with Ari Schwartz – Washington, DC lawyer Stewart Baker of Steptoe & Johnson on the Steptoe Cyberblog
- Thoughts on Supreme Court Oral Argument in Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins – Hartford, CT lawyer Wystan Ackerman of Robinson+Cole on the firm’s Insurance Class Actions Insider
- SEC’s New Crowdfunding Rules Permit Broader Access to Capital –
- Beer & French Fries – The Perfect Game Day Snack or Important HR Reminders? – Miami lawyer Eric Roth of Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson on the firm’s blog, BeLabor the Point
- What If Our Next President is Anti-Marijuana? – Seattle lawyer Hilary Bricken of Harris Moure’s Canna Law Group on the firm’s Canna Law Blog
- Creating Gravitational Pull: How the Very Best Rainmakers Attract Clients – Legal marketing expert Lindsay Griffiths of International Lawyers Network on Zen & The Art of Legal Networking
- Sometimes Good Branding Requires Bathroom Humor – Tennessee patent attorney Bill Ferrell of Trust Tree for their blog, The Root
- Three Trending Topics in IoT: Privacy, Security, and Fog Computing – Boston lawyer Shabbi Khan of Foley & Lardner on the firm’s Emerging Company Exchange
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.