For some time, Texas has been the source of much controversy around fracking, as certain municipalities had moved to ban the practice. Well, no more—as the state has banned the bands. Ed Casmere writes on that today. Over on LXBN, Zosha explains why the death penalty for the Boston bombing perpetrator is cruel—though not for just him, but the victims.
- Memo to In-House Counsel: Minimizing Communications Babel, Part I – Pam Woldow and Doug Richardson on Pam’s blog, At The Intersection
- The Security, Privacy and Legal Implications of the Internet of Things (“IoT”) Part one – The Context and Use of IoT – David Navetta and Seth Jaffe of Norton Rose Fulbright on the firm’s blog, Data Protection Report
- Badlands or Bust? Guess What Region’s Law Schools Had Best Employment Rates in 2014 – Alli Gerkman, Director of Educating Tomorrow’s Lawyers, on the University of Denver’s IAALS Online
- To Err Is Human; to Indemnify, Divine?: Human Foibles in the Cloud – Los Angeles lawyer Tanya Forsheit of BakerHostetler on the firm’s blog, Data Privacy Monitor
- Cannabis Advertising Lawsuits: Coming Soon To A Court Near You – Alison Malsbury of Harris Moure’s Canna Law Group on the Canna Law Blog
- Texas Bans Fracking Bans – Chicago lawyer Edward Casmere of Schiff Hardin on the firm’s Product Liability & Mass Torts Blog
- Steptoe Cyberlaw Podcast – Interview with Dan Geer – Washington, DC lawyer Stewart Baker of Steptoe & Johnson on the Steptoe Cyberblog
- The Justices’ Majority Opinions at the Illinois Supreme Court, 2000-2004 – Chicago attorney Kirk Jenkins of Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold on the firm’s blog, Illinois Supreme Court Review
- Strategies Are Necessary For Survival, Just ask Lawyers – Kenneth Grady of Seyfarth Shaw for the firm’s blog, SeytLines
- Divorce & Hidden Money: Requesting Documents To Help Search For Assets Hidden Offshore – Manhattan fraud investigation lawyer Fred Abrams in his Asset Search Blog
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.