Ridesharing drivers are currently classified as independent contractors—it’s really a key cog that makes the whole system run. But should they be? Really, it’s hard to tell, and it doesn’t seem like there’s going to be a c;ear amswer anytime soon, writes Zosha on LXBN.
- What China’s Economic Shift Means for Africa – Martyn Davies of Frontier Advisory
- The EEOC Snares A $12.2 Million Settlement In Colorado, Representing More Than Half The $22.5 Million The EEOC Recovered In The Entirety Of FY 2014 – Christopher M. Cascino and Gerald L. Maatman, Jr. of Seyfarth Shaw on the firm’s blog, EEOC Year-End Countdown
- Three Men, One Wife: husband’s business partners sued in “dirty soap opera” divorce – Anastasia Wincorn of Charles Griffin Intelligence on the firm’s blog, The Divorce Asset Hunter
- The Bernie Madoff of Bitcoin? First Bitcoin Ponzi-Schemer Pleads Not Guilty – Sarah Klein of Becker & Poliakoff on the firm’s Corporate & Capital Law Blog
- Why the House Information-Sharing Bill Could Actually Deter Information Sharing – Washington, DC lawyer Stewart Baker of Steptoe & Johnson on the Steptoe Cyberblog
- More Legal Implications From The West Coast Ports Labor Dispute (Or, What To Do If Your Supply Chain Contract Does Not Address Disaster) (Or, Yet Another Goofy UCC Provision) – Cleveland lawyer Sarah Rathke of Squire Patton Boggs on the firm’s Global Supply Chain Law Blog
- Two for Tuesdays: Unique Content Marketing Ideas – Legal marketing expert Lindsay Griffiths of International Lawyers Network on Zen & The Art of Legal Networking
- Oregon and Washington Back Colorado Marijuana Regime at the Supreme Court – Chicago lawyer Tyler Anthony of Harris Moure on the firm’s Canna Law Blog
- New SCOTUS Case Will Have Big Impact on Some Georgia Sex Offenders – McDonough lawyer Scott Key on his Georgia Criminal Appellate Law Blog
- The Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2015 – New Jersey lawyer Jason Gavejian of Jackson Lewis on the firm’s blog, Workplace Privacy, Data Management & Security Report
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.