When it comes to employment law issues, if Congress isn’t willing to act, the President will take action to step in—he did it with minimum wage, and now we have a new executive order banning LGBT discrimination by government contractors. That and more in today’s Top 10. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 187.
- President Obama Signs Executive Order Banning LGBT Job Discrimination by Federal Contractors and Government – Portland lawyer Ryan Gibson on the Stoel Rives World of Employment
- Website Operator Not Liable for UGC; Also, Sun Rises in the East – Houston attorney Travis Crabtree of Gray Reed & McGraw on his blog, eMedia Law Insider
- Data for the Taking: Using the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to Combat Web Scraping – Tiffany Hu and Aaron Rubin of Morrison Foerster on the firm’s blog, SociallyAware
- It’s All “Just Paperwork” Until Somebody Gets Hurt: Be Proactive in Preventing Workplace Violence – Miami lawyer Larry Perlman of Foley & Lardner on the firm’s blog, Labor & Employment Law Perspectives
- Casey Kasem’s Missing Body…Who has the right to control your body after death? – California lawyer Keith Davidson of Albertson & Davidson on the firm’s blog California Trust, Estate & Probate Litigation
- Businesses and Policymakers Confirm Mexican Energy Reforms Are Gaining Momentum – Washington, DC lawyer Roger Stark of Stoel Rives on the firm’s blog, Renewable + Law
- SLAM Academy: Disrupting Poverty through Education – Miami lawyer Rene Ruiz of Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson on the firm’s blog, BeLabor the Point
- UAS: “The Rules Don’t Apply To Me . . . “ – McLean, VA lawyer Mark McKinnon of McKenna Long & Aldridge on the firm’s blog, Plane-ly Spoken
- Court Resolves Trio of Issues in Battling Brothers’ Buy-Out – New York attorney Peter A. Mahler of Farrell Fritz in his New York Business Divorce Blog
- Monday Morning Regulatory Review – 7/21/14: IRS Tax Preparer Suits; Hobby Lobby FAQ; Obamacare in the Territories; Drone Dismissal; and an Upgrade – Washington, DC lawyer Lee Beck on his blog, the Federal Regulations Advisor
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.