It’s amazing to consider just how much people depend on online reviews nowadays. A few bad Yelp reviews can make or break a restaurant—or dentist or doctor or carpet cleaning company. Today, Cleve Clinton takes a close look at managing one’s online reputation. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 173.
- Prepare to Attract Rock Stars from Day One: A Framework for Considering Equity Compensation in the C-Suite – Boston lawyer Margaret Siegel of Foley & Lardner on the firm’s blog, Emerging Company Exchange
- Online Reputation Protection and Repair – Dallas lawyer Cleve Clinton of Gray Reed & McGraw on the firm’s blog, Tilting The Scales
- Exelon-Pepco Merger Highlights Importance of Insurance Coverage Analysis in Mergers and Acquisitions – Washington, DC attorney Erin Webb of DicksteinShapiro on the firm’s Policyholder Informer
- Governor Snyder & Business Leaders Support Amending Michigan Law to Prohibit Sexual Orientation Discrimination – West Bloomfield lawyer Jason Shinn of Shinn Legal on his Michigan Employment Law Advisor
- Five Keys To A Highly Productive Marketing Culture – Legal marketing strategist Eric Fletcher on his blog, Marketing Brain Fodder
- Facebook’s Oculus VR Acquisition and Crowdfunding – Atlanta attorney Ryan Boyd of McKenna Long & Aldridge on the firm’sMiddle Market Money Blog
- Drug Addiction Among Health Care Workers – Spartanburg lawyer Ray Mullman of Poliakoff & Associates on the firm’s South Carolina Nursing Home Blog
- Bar Fights: Better to Be Kind or to Have Mojo? – Minneapolis lawyer Tim Sitzmann of Winthrop & Weinstine on the firm’s DuetsBlog
- FMLA FAQ: Am I Required to Pay My Employee for Holidays Occurring During FMLA Leave? – Chicago attorney Jeff Nowak of Franczek Radelet on the firm’s blog, FMLA Insights
- California Announces Regulations for Autonomous Car Testing – Chicago attorney Jason Britt of Foley & Lardner on the firm’s blog, Dashboard Insights
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.