Sandifer v. U.S. Steel: it’s one of those cases where you know it’s a big deal, but when you break it down into just a couple words—in this case, the high court defining “clothes”—it sounds so goofy. We have multiple stories in the Top 10 on SCOTUS’s ruling. Total posts on the LexBlog Network: 168.
- Flu Remedy: Can an Employee Get FMLA Leave for the Flu? – Philadelphia lawyer Tiffani McDonough of Obermayer on the firm’s blog, HR Legalist
- Donning, Doffing and “Changing Clothes”: Supreme Court Says When Employees Get Paid – Hartford attorney Daniel Schwartz of Shipman & Goodwin in his Connecticut Employment Law Blog
- Ad Agency Liability Lives: The FTC Holds Ad Agency Liable for Deceptive Advertising – Randy Shaheen, Amy Mudge and Mark Goodrich of Venable on the firm’s blog, All About Advertising Law
- Let the Commercials Begin! What Law Firms Can Learn from Product Advertising – Legal marketing expert Lindsay Griffiths of International Lawyers Network on Zen & The Art of Legal Networking
- When Norovirus Strikes, Cruise Line Cheerleaders Run & Hide – Miami lawyer Jim Walker of Walker & O’Neill on his blog, Cruise Law News
- Helping Jobless Americans Without Going Bankrupt – LA attorney Christine Wilton on her blog, Los Angeles Bankruptcy Law Monitor
- OSHA-Related New Year’s Resolutions and Wishes for 2014 – Eric J. Conn and Casey M. Cosentino of EpsteinBeckerGreen on the firm’s OSHA Law Update
- Delaware Supreme Court: No Duty to Buy Out Minority Stockholder – New York attorney Peter A. Mahler of Farrell Fritz in his New York Business Divorce Blog
- Report on Lawyer Suicide Leads to More Reflection on Issue – Jackson, Mississippi attorney Philip Thomas on the blog Mississippi Litigation Review and Commentary
- Monday Morning Regulatory Review – 1/27/14: SCOTUS Enjoins Obamacare Preventive Contraception Rule; NLRB Rescinds Vacated Rule; OMB Economically Significant Reviews; and Social Cost of Carbon & Crystalline Silica Extensions – Washington, DC lawyer Lee Beck on his blog, the Federal Regulations Advisor
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.