Before we jump into today’s roundup, I want to note it was a busy day on LXBN TV as we have three new videos up: Maryanne Stanganelli on Google Street View privacy issues, John Corey on why firms need an integrated strategy for their blogs and White & Case CMO Michael Hertz on why firms need to make sure their social media and client development strategies are aligned. The latter two are for this week’s Social Media Marketing for Law Firm’s Summit in New York City. There’s still time to sign up. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 171.
- California Senate Unanimously Passes Online Privacy Bill That Would Give Minors an “Eraser Button” – Washington, DC lawyer Shelton Abramson of Covington & Burling on the firm’s blog, InsidePrivacy
- In A Question Of First Impression, the Sixth Circuit Holds That An Electronic Filing Error Does Not Doom A Party’s Appeal – Cleveland lawyer Steven Delchin of Squire Sanders on the firm’s Sixth Circuit Appellate Law Blog
- Federal Amazon Law Vote Today – Asset Opportunity Director and Shriver Center supervising attorney Karen Harris on The Shriver Brief
- Tort Reform Does Nothing to Improve Care – Spartanburg lawyer Ray Mullman of Poliakoff & Associates in the firm’s South Carolina Nursing Home Blog
- Three (Among Many) Problems with Proposed Free Speech Bill – Hartford attorney Daniel Schwartz of Pullman & Comley in his Connecticut Employment Law Blog
- 10 Top Law Schools Teaching Law Practice Technology – Self-help law specialist Richard Granat on his eLawyering Blog
- Who Wants to Be a Minority Shareholder of a Delaware Closely-Held Corporation? – New York attorney Peter A. Mahler of Farrell Fritz in his New York Business Divorce Blog
- Obama Claims Senate Republicans Not Sporting on Judicial Nomination Process – Jackson, Mississippi attorney Philip Thomas on the blog Mississippi Litigation Review and Commentary
- Monday Morning Regulatory Review – 5/6/13 – Washington, DC lawyer Lee Beck on his blog, the Federal Regulations Advisor
- Memo to GCs: If Ever There Is a Time for Immigration Portfolio Management, It’s Now. – Los Angeles lawyer Angelo Paparelli of Seyfarth Shaw on his blog, Nation of Immigrators
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.