In today’s eerily-appropriate post of the day—published before Hugo Chavez’s death—Rosa Schechter notes that Venezuelans have been moving to Miami in droves. On LXBN TV, friend of the program Jerry Ferguson joins us to explain what companies to do to prepare for the implementation of the cybersecurity executive order. And, this week’s LXBN Roundtable discusses Marissa Mayer’s new policy at Yahoo and why telecommuting is at a crossroads. Total posts on the LexBlog Network today: 191.
- Venezuelans in South Florida: Venezuelan Expatriates Building New Lives In Record Numbers – Great News for Miami – Florida lawyer Rosa Schechter of Eckstein Schechter Law on the firm’s blog Florida Commercial News
- DOJ fights back on recess appointments in Third Circuit – Washington, DC lawyer Keith Fisher of Ballard Spahr on the firm’s CFPB Monitor
- Cops Stabbing Citizens with Needles for Blood Tests: US Supreme Court Says “Unconstitutional” (Part 3) – MN attorney Chuck Ramsay on his blog, Minnesota DWI Defense
- Lawsuit Filed Over Alleged Use of “Johnny Football” Mark – New York attorney Matthew Ganas of DLA Piper on the firm’s blog, Re:Marks on Copyright and Trademark
- Win Your Case – go to trial if there is no other way out! – Boise attorney Chuck Peterson on Peterson Law Offices’ Idaho Criminal Defense Blog
- Why law firm growth is not dead – Business development advisor John Grimley on his blog, International Business Development
- Predicting the future of the U.S. estate tax – Miami attorney Juan Antunez of Stokes McMillan & Antunez in his Florida Probate & Trust Litigation Blog
- How Well Do You Know Your Best Clients? – Business development coach Robin Hensley on her Raising the Bar Blog
- President Obama’s State of the Union Address Continues His Efforts to Obtain Corporate Tax Reforms – West Palm Beach lawyer Jerald David August on the firm’s Federal Taxation Developments Blog
For more of the best, check out LXBN, a complete review of the top insight and commentary across the LexBlog Network.