Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday’s webinar, “Blogging Best Practices for Lawyers.” We had some great questions from the audience! For those who missed the session, the recording is available in its entirety above and also on the LexBlogSupport YouTube channel.
Rather than summarizing the webinar here, I’ll direct you to Lindsay Griffith’s wonderful recap on Zen and the Art of Legal Networking. Below are links to the resources and examples that Colin and I mentioned during the webinar.
Examples of titles
- The Securities Edge: Is Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram fair to Instagram Shareholders?
- Retail Patent Litigation: Does the Patent System Legitimize Trolls?
SEO tools for titles
- Google Insights for Search to compare popularity of keywords
- Google Adwords Keyword tool to get ideas for related keywords
- Flickr Creative Commons - make sure you examine the license on each photo and give attribution for the photos you use within your post
- A small image from the Public Domain
- Nice use of multiple images
- An exception to the rule that images should be small and take up no more than half the width of the text area
- Consistent use of images in posts
How to add images to your posts
A few ideas for different post types
- Bring in unrelated current events to your niche
- Conversational voice and tone
- Answer a commonly asked question
- Comment on a current event related to your niche
- Comment on a case
- Engage with a journalist or another blogger
- Make a list
The next LexBlog Network webinar will be on September 20 at noon ET / 9 a.m. PT — topic TBD.