Thanks to all who attended this week’s webinar, “Business Development: Leveraging Your Blog to Bring in New Work,” held on April 17 and 19.
In this webinar, LexBlog CEO Kevin O’Keefe provided some tough love and explained how he uses his blog and other platforms on the Internet — like Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, and even text messaging — to build relationships and bring in business. You can watch the recording of the April 19 session above or directly on YouTube.
For the folks who attended the April 17 session, Kevin included a few additional practical tips on how to leverage your blog to business development in the April 19 version. These include:
- Leave comments on other blogs and comment on blogs in posts of your own.
- Target people you want to meet in blog posts — email them when you do. Proactively reach out to reporters/other bloggers you mention in posts.
- Leverage your blog to meet people: ask to interview them for posts
- Include your blog in your LinkedIn profile (provided that you’re actively using LinkedIn — connect with everyone you meet).
- Proactively connect with reporters and other bloggers on Linkedin, especially if you reference their stuff.
- Share content on Twitter and LinkedIn, but definitely not just your own posts. Target specific people with sharing on LinkedIn.
- Email relevant posts to clients, potential clients and business associates.
- Include your blog in your email signature line.
If you have any questions about anything Kevin discused in the webinar, you can email him at email@example.com.
Our next client webinar will be Tuesday, May 22 at noon ET / 9 a.m. PT on new features in LinkedIn — hope you can make it! We’ll be sending out the invites on May 8.